Another fine birding event- expertly led by Elias Zuniga. Spring activity is building at the nature center and this is a great way to get a close up look. Highlights included: Soaring red-shouldered, sharp-shinned, and Cooper’s hawks, a diving osprey, a buoyant swarm of white-throated swifts, and a pair of wood ducks. Singing orange-crowned warblers, house wrens, and common yellowthroats- soon to be joined by colorful waves of neotropical migrants. Next month’s walk on April 10 should be exceptional!
El Dorado Audubon Society
The mission of the El Dorado Audubon Society is the conservation of native birds and their habitats. The society provides leadership in conservation and educates its members and the community, so that they may appreciate birds and participate in the society’s conservation efforts.
- Western Bluebird Nest Box MonitoringAugust 6, 2017 - 6:19 am
- Yellow-crowned Night Herons, by Janice DahlMay 21, 2017 - 7:30 pm
- International Migratory Bird Day Saturday 5-13-17, by Janice DahlMay 3, 2017 - 7:53 pm
- California Toad on Los Cerritos Wetlands, by Janice DahlApril 11, 2017 - 7:53 pm
- Banded Canada Goose at El Dorado Duck Pond, by Janice DahlFebruary 12, 2017 - 11:24 pm