It’s spring, the birds are showing off their spring plumage. Species seen include: Mallard, Great Blue Heron, Snowy & Great Egret, Killdeer, Least Sandpiper, Willet, Allen’s Hummingbird, American Kestral, Cassin’s Kingbird, Northern Rough-winged Swallow, Cassin’s Kingbird, Common Yellowthroat, White-crowned Sparrow, Savannah Sparrow (Belding’s), Red-winged Blackbird, Hooded Oriole, and House Finch. Highlights included Hooded Oriole on […]
About Mary Parsell
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Mary Parsell contributed a whooping 3 entries.
Entries by Mary Parsell
Saturday, 2/11/17, member Cindy Crawford was at El Dorado Park Duck Pond checking out the Winged Wonders Tour when she came across a banded Canada Goose. Cindy took photos and called the phone number on the band to report the sighting. All we know at this point is the bird was banded somewhere in […]
http://works.audubon.org/petition/stop-new-coastal-development-impacting-wetlands Now is the time to do this — SEASP* plan is expected to go to the City of Long Beach Planning Commission in November and to City Council in December. *City of Long Beach Southeast Area Specific Plan
El Dorado Audubon Society
The mission of the El Dorado Audubon Society is the conservation of native birds and their habitats. The society provides leadership in conservation and educates its members and the community, so that they may appreciate birds and participate in the society’s conservation efforts.
- Yellow-crowned Night Herons, by Janice DahlMay 21, 2017 - 7:30 pm
- International Migratory Bird Day Saturday 5-13-17, by Janice DahlMay 3, 2017 - 7:53 pm
- California Toad on Los Cerritos Wetlands, by Janice DahlApril 11, 2017 - 7:53 pm
- Banded Canada Goose at El Dorado Duck Pond, by Janice DahlFebruary 12, 2017 - 11:24 pm
- Synergy Tour, by Janice DahlJanuary 17, 2017 - 6:23 am