This is a new regular walk! It is one of two chances to enter the locked gated property. This small tidal marsh off of the San Gabriel River is a good place to look for herons, egrets, shorebirds, Belding’s Savannah Sparrow, and more. This is our third walk into the area; help us document the birds! Meet at PCH and First Street, border of Seal Beach/LB. Turn inland, park off asphalt. Bring binoculars, water, hat and sunscreen. Closed-toed shoes required.
Enjoy slightly cooler weather and help us look for weather migratory and resident shorebirds, song birds, and raptors. Help us document the avian species of this Audubon Important Bird Area (IBA).
Meet at PCH and First St, on the border of Seal Beach/LB. Turn inland, park off asphalt. This is a locked gated area and one of two chances to enter the property. Bring binoculars, water, hat, sunscreen. Closed-toed shoes required.
El Dorado Audubon Society
The mission of the El Dorado Audubon Society is the conservation of native birds and their habitats. The society provides leadership in conservation and educates its members and the community, so that they may appreciate birds and participate in the society’s conservation efforts.
September 21 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
September 24 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
October 8 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
October 14 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
- Walk at Rancho Los Cerritos RecapSeptember 17, 2017 - 6:09 pm
- Western Bluebird Nest Box MonitoringAugust 6, 2017 - 6:19 am
- Yellow-crowned Night Herons, by Janice DahlMay 21, 2017 - 7:30 pm
- International Migratory Bird Day Saturday 5-13-17, by Janice DahlMay 3, 2017 - 7:53 pm
- California Toad on Los Cerritos Wetlands, by Janice DahlApril 11, 2017 - 7:53 pm