We’ll see birds, butterflies, and wildflowers. We will be looking for swallows, shorebirds, song birds and raptors. Meet at First and Pacific Coast Highway on the border of Long Beach and Seal Beach, turn inland and park off the asphalt. Note that this is a locked gated area and our once-a-month chance to check out the birds. This is a slow, easy paced walk on flat terrain on an asphalt and dirt road. Binoculars are helpful (we do have a few pairs to loan), hat, sunscreen and water recommended. Closed-toed shoes required. All ages and skill levels welcome.
El Dorado Audubon Society
The mission of the El Dorado Audubon Society is the conservation of native birds and their habitats. The society provides leadership in conservation and educates its members and the community, so that they may appreciate birds and participate in the society’s conservation efforts.
- Yellow-crowned Night HeronsMay 21, 2017 - 7:30 pm
- International Migratory Bird Day Saturday 5-13-17May 3, 2017 - 7:53 pm
- California Toad on Los Cerritos Wetlands April 8, 2017April 11, 2017 - 7:53 pm
- Banded Canada Goose at El Dorado Duck PondFebruary 12, 2017 - 11:24 pm
- Synergy TourJanuary 17, 2017 - 6:23 am