As our Western Bluebird nest box monitoring season comes to a close, we’d like to shout out a big thank you to all the monitoring volunteers! Next year we’ll have plenty of extra nest boxes and we are looking for help. If you would like to become a Bluebird Nest Box Monitor, please send an email to email@example.com attention Jerry Millett, or use the contact form on our website. Program orientation happens around Feb 2018, nest boxes are hung in the trees in local parks around Feb/Mar 2018. El Dorado Audubon’s nest box monitoring program data is submitted to the California Bluebird Recovery Program. To learn more about this bird conservation effort see http://www.cbrp.org/documents/cbrp_flyer_new.pdf and https://bluebirdssc.wordpress.com/
El Dorado Audubon Society
The mission of the El Dorado Audubon Society is the conservation of native birds and their habitats. The society provides leadership in conservation and educates its members and the community, so that they may appreciate birds and participate in the society’s conservation efforts.
- Western Bluebird Nest Box MonitoringAugust 6, 2017 - 6:19 am
- Yellow-crowned Night Herons, by Janice DahlMay 21, 2017 - 7:30 pm
- International Migratory Bird Day Saturday 5-13-17, by Janice DahlMay 3, 2017 - 7:53 pm
- California Toad on Los Cerritos Wetlands, by Janice DahlApril 11, 2017 - 7:53 pm
- Banded Canada Goose at El Dorado Duck Pond, by Janice DahlFebruary 12, 2017 - 11:24 pm